The 3rd annual Beringer Great Steak Challenge proved to be another sizzling success. Our top eight finalists put their steak, side, and wine pairing recipes in the bright lights of Cooking Channel’s cameras and under the scrutiny of our judges’ expert palates. The contestants battled for a $25,000 Grand Prize at the beautiful Beringer Vineyards in Napa Valley California.
- Entries poured in from grilling aficionados all across the country in the Summer of 2012, each claiming their recipe to be worthy of the top spot and a shot at the $25,000 grand prize.
- After all of the entries were reviewed, Beringer narrowed the field to the top eight. The lucky top eight finalists and their guests were hosted at Beringer Vineyards in the beautiful Napa Valley for a whirlwind weekend of food, fun and fabulous wines. (View the 2012 photo gallery for behind-the-scenes pictures and notes)
- Finalists were given celebrity status for the entire weekend with first class accommodations, decadent dinners at Beringer Vineyards, and VIP tours of the Napa Valley.
- The day before the Grill-Off, the finalists got a little taste of fame as they conducted interviews and professional photography sessions with the Cooking Channel to showcase their original recipes, side dishes, and wine pairings.
- On the day of the finale taping, each finalist fired up their grill, putting their recipes to the test in front of a live audience and a panel of expert judges.
- Celebrity hosts, Jamie and Bobby Deen, love a good competition, especially when it involves steak and wine. They watched over the contestants’ shoulders and gave the play-by-play, and in the end, crowned our Grand Prize Winner.