Last year’s Great Steak Challenge was a sizzling success. The top ten finalists put their steaks in the spotlight as they battled for first place at the beautiful Beringer Vineyards in Napa Valley.
- The first annual Great Steak Challenge began in the spring of 2010 as eager entrants submitted their original steak recipes and wine pairings for a shot at the top spot and fabulous prizes.
- After all of the entries were reviewed, Beringer narrowed the field to the top ten. The lucky Top Ten Finalists and their guests were hosted at the Beringer Vineyard in the beautiful Napa Valley for a whirlwind weekend of food, fun and fabulous wines. (View the 2010 photo gallery for behind-the-scenes pictures and notes.)
- Finalists were given celebrity status for the entire weekend with exclusive tours of incredible local wineries, a decadent dinner in the Beringer wine caves and VIP tours of Napa Valley.
- On the day of the Grill-Off, the finalists got a little taste of fame as they conducted interviews and professional photography sessions with the Cooking Channel to showcase each of their original recipes, sides and pairings.
- Finally, each finalist fired up their grill, putting the recipes to the test in the live Great Steak Challenge Grill-Off.
- Celebrity judges, Jamie and Bobby Deen, love a good competition, especially when it involves steak and wine. They watched over the competitors’ shoulders, tasted each recipe and finally crowned Lisa Keys as the Grand Prize winner.
BEHIND THE SCENES
Peek behind-the-scenes from last year’s challenge where home chefs from across the nation were flown to the Napa Valley for a whirlwind weekend of incredible food, VIP tours and of course, fabulous wine. Once the final competition was underway, the finalists brought their best recipes to the table with perfect wine pairings for a celebrity taste-off. Whose sauce caught fire? Who shined under the spotlights? Who cracked under pressure? What were their secret ingredients? Click on the photos below to find out.