WINE PAIRING: BERINGER FOUNDERS’ ESTATE MERLOT
Tip: This is our take on the Chicago dog. So pile this steak and salad on a hot dog bun and go to town!
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sport peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sport pepper juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless rib-eye steaks
Combine the tomatoes, onion, peppers, pepper juice, oil, relish, celery salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat well. Set aside. Combine the butter and cheese in a small bowl until creamy. Mound the butter mixture into a small bowl.
Spray a grill rack with nonstick spray and preheat the grill to medium-high. Add the steaks to the grill and cook, turning once, to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to plates; top each steak with 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture. Serve with the salad.
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Difficulty: Easy