Contestant: Larry Elder
WINE PAIRING: BERINGER FOUNDERS’ ESTATE CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- ½ cup butterscotch caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (or wasabi) mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 (6-oz. each) tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Optional garnish: additional slices of fresh lime
Drizzle: Preheat grill to medium-high. In a small saucepan whisk together caramel topping, mustard and lime juice. Place on grill until warm and well blended.
Rub steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Just before removing from the grill, dust top of each steak very lightly with cocoa. Remove from grill. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then serve with sauce, garnished with lime slices, if desired. Yield: 6 servings.